Mary MacKillop Scholarship
Established by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart, Queensland, through Australian Catholic University, to commemorate and honour the work of their foundress Mary MacKillop. This scholarship recognises and rewards undergraduate ACU students who can demonstrate support and involvement in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
One scholarship valued at $2,500 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Undergraduate students
- Studying at the Brisbane campus
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining how the Scholarship could financially support the applicant's intended program of study
- Evidence of the applicant's contribution to, and/or leadership in, community service
- Academic transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Community service
- Academic merit
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office in consultation with the First Peoples and Equity Pathways Directorate, and recipients selected by the donor.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017