Anne Lyons Memorial Travel Scholarship (Undergraduates)
Established in 1994 as a tangible memorial to the life and contribution of Anne Lyons (nee Byrne), a scholar, wife and teacher who died of cancer in 1987 at the age of 42 and whose prevailing passion was the study and pursuit of social justice in Australia.
One scholarship valued at up to $6,000 is available each year, paid in one lump sum.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Undergraduate students
- In their final year of study
- Plan to complete an overseas placement in an area of social justice
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Details of the applicant's placement in the area of social justice (including evidence of acceptance into the placement)
- Budget estimate outlining all expenses relating to overseas study
- Academic transcript
- Written reference (academic)
- Written reference (personal)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Budget estimate
- Academic merit
- Written references
- Acceptance into placement
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
Apply online now
Applications close on 5 March 2017