More Information about the Learning Skills Workshops
Brisbane Campus Orientation Workshops: 16–20 February 2009
Be prepared. Find out more about how to study at university. Times of various study skills sessions are listed on the Orientation program.
Study Well, Do Well
- What’s expected – taking control of study and tips from students and staff for studying effectively.
Balancing Life and Study
- Feeling good – strategies for coping with change, stress, and the new experience of university life.
Using Computers at ACU National
- A must know – myACU, student email, internet access, passwords, wireless, computer labs, save, print, and eLearning.
Using Computers for Beginners
- Don’t stress – find out the basics if you are a first time computer user or haven’t had much to do with computers.
Getting Started with eLibrary
- We’re not just about books – learn to use databases, catalogues, and other eResources. This is the first in a series of workshops on using the library’s many resources.
Academic Referencing and Writing
- What’s needed – the writing process, academic style, citing sources, and referencing formats.
Workshop on Assignment Writing: From Searching to Writing
- Have a go – students new to study and non-school leavers can try some of the stages of the process for researching and writing an essay.
Mature Aged Support Group
- Meet others – a chance to discuss concerns and develop support networks for 2009.