Step 4 - Information and Application for SA HELP, HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP
Commonwealth supported offer
If you have been offered a Commonwealth supported place you must submit a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form online via Student Connect.
It is vital that you read the HECS-HELP Information prior to completing the online HECS-HELP form. It provides advice and instructions regarding the rules and entitlements which can vary depending on your citizenship status, ie New Zealand citizen, Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen.
If you have been offered a fee-paying place you may be eligible to apply for FEE-HELP by completing a FEE-HELP Assistance form online via Student Connect.
It is vital that you read the FEE-HELP Information prior to completing the online FEE-HELP form as it provides important advice and instructions.
For further information about Government support, visit Study Assist.
- If you received a fee-paying offer and you do not wish to apply for FEE-HELP, continue to Step 5 of the enrolment process.
- If you are required to complete a HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP form you must complete the steps below before you can continue with the enrolment process.
Apply for HECS-HELP/FEE HELP
To complete a Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP form OR a FEE-HELP Assistance form, you will need to follow the five steps below:
- Click the 'My Fees' tab in Student Connect.
- Click 'Apply for Commonwealth support, HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP Assistance'. (The form relevant to your offer will display.)
- Select the first 'Term' you will enrol in (ie Semester 1, Semester 2, Summer Term A, Summer Term B, or Autumn Term) from the drop down list and click 'Submit'.
Note: First year undergraduate students will normally select Semester 1 (or Semester 2 for those commencing mid-year).
- Complete the form.
Note: You will require your Tax File Number (TFN) if you intend to defer some or all of your student contribution. If you do not have your TFN you must select 'Full Up-front Payment of my student contribution amount'. You can complete a new payment option form after you have obtained your TFN.
- Click 'Submit' and print your 'Receipt of Completion'.
Apply for SA-HELP
- If eligible, you may choose to defer your Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSAF) to the Australian Taxation Office. To defer the fee through SA-HELP, you will need to provide your TFN on the application form, available on the SSAF webpage from late January 2013.
NOW - Stay logged into Student Connect and proceed to Step 5 (click on green arrow below) of the enrolment process.