The Academic Skills Unit is available to help you develop your skills for successful university study.
You can access online resources, take part in workshops, ask questions online through Ask an Adviser, book a consultation, or just drop-in.
Our services cover:
- Study skills: Improve your skills across a range of areas such as time management, setting study priorities, planning and reading.
- Academic writing skills: At uni you will work on a variety of writing tasks that require many different skills. We can help you to improve your academic writing.
- Academic referencing skills: Learn the basics of different referencing systems and how you can include referencing in your assignment preparation.
- Maths and numeracy skills: Use our resources to build your knowledge and proficiency in the core maths concepts you need.
- Exam skills: Get tips and tools to help you develop the skills you need before, during and after exams.
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
As a student, you’ll also have access to PASS, which provides free, voluntary small-group study sessions to help you succeed in challenging subjects. Facilitated by current students who excelled in the subject, they can be just what you need succeed.