In partnership with The Beijing Centre, ACU is offering you an exciting opportunity to complete one of your Core Curriculum units in Beijing, China.
Program highlights and inclusions
- Accommodation in Beijing, Shanghai and Xi’an
- Airport transfers and all trains and ground transport within China (from Beijing to Xi’an and Shanghai)
- ACU classes (UNCC300) throughout the program
An example of a typical program
Day 1- 6 in Beijing
- Program orientation, Chinese food culture class
- Campus and neighbourhood tour with Chinese students
- Welcome dinner
- Chinese language classes
- Class on Chinese spiritual life
- Taichi class
- Visit to Tian’anmen Square, Forbidden City and Houhai
- Visit to the Temple of Heaven and Hongqiao Market
Day 7 – 9 in Xi’an
- City Wall and Bicycle tour on the Wall and Muslim Street
- Evening Fountain Show
- Visit to Yuan Family Village (Chinese traditional culture experience)
- Visit to Shannxi Museum and Terra Cotta Warrior Museum
Day 10 – 13 in Shanghai
- Guided walking-tour of Shanghai’s Old French Quarter
- Shanghai Huangpu River Cruise and visit to the Bund
- Tour of Yu-Garden, Shanghai Old Town and Xintiandi
- Tour of Shanghai Center and Lujiazui Shanghai Financial District
Day 14 – 18 in Beijing
- Class on China in the world economy
- Tour of Mutianyu Great Wall and group dinner
- Class on Chinese government and politics
- Closing dinner
In 2016, the program fee is approximately AUD$3,200.00, however generous scholarships and grants are available to cover some or all of the cost. The program fees cover the following:
- shared accommodation
- airport transfer
- scheduled group excursion/site visits
- welcome dinner
The program fee does not include the return airfare to China, ACU, HECS/ tuition for UNCC300, or any additional personal travel.
A three week program run in the semester break in July.
Eligible students may apply for:
- ACU Vice Chancellor’s Travel Grant worth up to $2,500 to assist in the costs of undertaking study overseas.
- Provost International Core Curriculum Scholarship valued at $1,000 to help cover the cost of program participation. Grants are awarded on the basis of merit and are subject to availability.
- OS-HELP loan which provides financial assistance for eligible Commonwealth supported students to undertake part of their course of study overseas.
All students stay in shared accommodation arranged by The Beijing Centre. The accommodation is located adjacent to The Beijing Centre campus in the Chaoyang District, which is a residential area of Beijing. Shared accommodation is included in the price of the program.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1116853