London is one of the world’s top international student destinations with over 100,000 students studying in the city, making London a global, vibrant and diverse city. Heythrop College is located in Kensington Square, the oldest garden square in London, only a short walk away from bustling Kensington High Street. Heythrop College is a specialist college of the University of London, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Theology and Philosophy. Heythrop offers an educational experience that respects all faiths and perspectives.
The Core London Program will be taught by ACU Faculty with partial completion of the unit at home in Australia. Students will do the first week in LEO before completing the rest of the program in London. Assessments, quizzes, papers and exams will be submitted to and graded by ACU academics. During the London component of the program, students attend class at Heythrop campus. Students will be required to complete various LEO activities and other prescribed assessments as part of the unit. All students will complete ACU unit UNCC300 Understanding Self and Society: Contemporary Perspectives.
Program highlights and inclusions
- Accommodation in London
- Group site visits within the community
- Group sightseeing excursions and time to explore London landmarks
- Check into housing between 1.30pm and 5pm
- Welcome dinner
- Hop-on hop-off tour of London
- Guest lectures
- Site visits
- Weekend: free for personal travel or study
January 30 – February 3
- Guest lectures
- Site visits
- Farewell dinner
- Depart. Check out of housing before 10:30am.
How much will it cost?
The 2017 program fee is AUD$2,800.00. The program fee covers:
- shared accommodation with breakfasts included
- airport transfer
- scheduled group excursion and site visits
- welcome and farewell dinners
The program fee does not include the return airfare to England, ACU HECS/ tuition for UNCC300 or additional travel.
Eligible students may apply for an ACU Vice Chancellor’s Travel Grant worth up to $2,500 to assist in the costs of undertaking study overseas.
In 2017, up to 120 students who meet international core entry requirements are also eligible for a Provost International Core Curriculum Scholarship valued at $1000 to help cover the cost of program participation. Grants are awarded on the basis of merit and are subject to availability.
Students may also elect to apply for an OS-HELP loan, which provides financial assistance for eligible Commonwealth supported students to undertake part of their course of study overseas.
What are the program dates?
Dates in London: 22 January – 4 February 2017
- LEO program opens approximately one month prior to the overseas program dates. Complete Modules 1-3 before you depart for London.
- Check in to the London housing on Sunday, 22nd January
- London Classes: 23 January – 3 February
- Check out of your housing on Saturday, 4 February
Final assessment due: January/February 2017 (exact date to be advised closer to the program’s commencement)
Where will I stay?
All students stay in shared accommodation located in central London within an easy commute of classes.
To be eligible to participate in the International Core Curriculum program you must have:
- One year of study completed at ACU (usually 80cp)
- A cumulative GPA of 4.5 or above
- Successful completion of UNCC100 Our World: Community and Vulnerability
- UNCC300 not yet completed
Applications closed on 30 September 2016. Register your interest in our 2018 programs!
Page last updated: 2016-11-18
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/890610