How to enter
- Visitors to the ACU Brisbane, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield 2018 Open Days must collect a competition map from an ACU representative on Open Day.
- Participants must follow the clues on the map to find locations on the campus. Participants must take a photo of the corresponding location and upload it to their Instagram Story, and tag the ACU Instagram account, @acuimages.
- Participants must show ACU representatives their entry to redeem their Instant Prize.
- Participants can also provide their details (a valid name, email address, phone number and Instagram account handle) to the ACU representatives to gain entry into the Major Prize draw.
Terms and conditions
NSW permit No: LTPS/18/26708
- By submitting an entry into the Instagram Story Scavenger Hunt competition, you are deemed to have accepted all terms and conditions of the Instagram Story Scavenger Hunt competition prize draw. Instructions on how to enter the draw and details advertising the competition form part of the conditions.
- The competition opens at 8am (AEST) on 28 July 2018 and closes at 2pm (AEST) on 8 September 2018.
- Australian Catholic University Limited ABN 15 050 192 660 (ACU) through its Marketing and External Relations team is the Promoter of the prize draw.
- The Instagram Scavenger Hunt will be taking place at the following locations and times:
- ACU Brisbane Campus, 1100 Nudgee Rd, Banyo QLD 4014 on Saturday 28 July 2018;
- ACU Melbourne Campus, 115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy VIC 3065 on Sunday 12 August 2018;
- ACU North Sydney Campus, 40 Edward St, North Sydney NSW 2060 on Saturday 1 September 2018; and
- ACU Strathfield Campus, 25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135 on Saturday 8 September 2018.
- The Instant Prize for each location is:
- Brisbane: 1 X $10 lunch voucher to be redeemed at selected food outlets at Brisbane Open Day;
- Melbourne: 2 x $5 lunch vouchers to be redeemed at selected food outlets at Melbourne Open Day;
- North Sydney: One small food or gift item provided by the ACU Marketing and External Relations team at North Sydney Open Day;
- Strathfield: One small food or gift item provided by the ACU Marketing and External Relations team at Strathfield Open Day.
- The Instant Prizes are subject to availability and available while stocks last.
- Instant Prizes must be redeemed at the Open Day at which they were issued.
- The Major Prize is a 12-inch Apple MacBook laptop with a 1.2 GHz processor and 256GB storage. AppleCare and additional accessories are not included in the Major Prize.
- The value of the Major Prize is $1,899 (as at 16 July 2018). If the Major Prize is not available, the winner will receive an item of similar value.
- There will be one winner of the Major Prize.
- If entrants do not currently hold an Instagram account, they can download the Instagram application from their mobile or tablet device, or visit www.instagram.com and register for an account to participate in the Competition. Instagram is free to join.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Apple.
- Entry is free (other than completing the Instagram Story Scavenger Hunt and/or attending the event which is the entrant’s responsibility).
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, loss of business or loss of goodwill or loss of profits); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is cancelled, delayed, interrupted, diverted, late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or otherwise); (d) any variation in prize value or specification to that stated or referred to in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability or similar charge incurred by the Winner; or (f) use of a prize by the Winner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Competition.
- Limit one entry per person for the Instant Prize and the Major Prize.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- Current ACU students and staff are excluded from entry in the draw.
- The Instant Prize and Major Prize are non-transferable.
- The Instant Prize and Major Prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winner of the Major Prize will be chosen at random, with each entry having an equal chance at winning.
- The winner will be randomly drawn by ACU Marketing and External Relations at 12pm on Monday, 10 September at the Australian Catholic University, 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002.
- The winner will be announced on the ACU Instagram account, Facebook account and website. The winner will also be contacted by email to the address provided on the entry form at Open Day.
- Entrants have sole responsibility for ensuring that ACU has your current and updated contact details. The conditional winner must acknowledge receipt of the notification by the date outlined in clause 29 below or the prize will be redrawn.
- Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and the Winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
- The entrant’s information will not be otherwise distributed to third parties.
- By submitting an entry to the Major Prize draw, you are consenting to receive email communication about ACU courses, events and activities.
- Should the winner not acknowledge receipt of their prize by 12pm (AEST) on Sunday, 16 September 2018, a redraw will take place at 12pm (AEST) on Monday, 16 September 2018 at Australian Catholic University, 232 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 3002.
- The winner must collect the prize from the ACU Marketing and External Relations office at their closest ACU campus.
- If the winner is unable to attend an ACU campus to collect their prize due to infirmity, disability or poverty, alternative arrangements can be organised.
- Entrants have sole responsibility for ensuring that ACU has your current and updated contact. details. The conditional winner must acknowledge receipt of the notification or the prize will be redrawn.
- The winner agrees that any loss or damage to the prize item/s sustained after receipt is their sole responsibility.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Page last updated: 2018-08-01
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1638716
Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Youtube Follow on GooglePlus Follow on LinkedIn