Student Connect FAQs
What is LDAP?
Short for Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, LDAP is a set of internet protocols for accessing information directories such as email.
What is the LDAP Error message on Student Connect?
For Students: If a student receives the error message: "Error mapping LDAP attribute to Self Service" then they will have an error with their record in GOATPAD in BANNER.
This needs to be referred to Systems, email@example.com for investigation and correction.
For Staff: If a staff member receives the error message: "Error mapping LDAP attribute to Self Service" then they either:
- Have no Student Connect account. Staff are required to have a Student Connect account before being able to access Student Connect. The Student Connect Access Request Form needs to be completed online before Systems can create an account.
- Have an error with their account in GOATPAD in BANNER. This needs to be referred to Student Systems, firstname.lastname@example.org for investigation and correction.
What is the invalid login error message on Student Connect?
If a student or staff member receives the error message "Invalid login information. Please try again" they have entered the wrong username or password (or both). If a student or staff member cannot remember their correct network password, this needs to be referred to the Service desk.
What is the "Duplicate Equivalent with Section ..." message on Student Connect?
This message appears when a student attempts to enrol into a unit when they are already enrolled into another equivalent unit. For example, unit ENVR204 is an equivalent unit of GEOG204. When a student who is previously enrolled in ENVR204 attempts to enrol into GEOG204, Student Connect will display the above error message.
Equivalent units are entered in Banner:
- to indicate that two or more units are equivalent to each other,
- to prevent students from enrolling into an equivalent unit and
- to facilitate and feed data into Course Progression.
What do the enrolment error messages in Student Connect mean?
Invalid level for course: The student is enrolled into an UG course and trying to enrol into a PG unit or vice versa.
C: Indicates the unit is no longer available for enrolment, has been set up as a zero quota limit or requires the quota to be raised. This will need to be referred to the relevant Faculty if the quota requires amendment.
PREQ and TEST SCORE-ERROR: The student is attempting to enrol into a unit without having completed the pre-requisite of the unit. Students will not be able to enrol in this unit until a Pre-requisite or co-requisite override has been carried out by the Course Coordinator via Banner. Refer the student to their Course Coordinator. Course Coordinators have access to override the Pre-req/Co-req rules via the Banner form SFASRPO.
SR: This is a student registration error and relates to student restrictions such as the Student Status, Holds, Timetickets, etc. These problems can be checked first by AskACU Contact Centre staff via Banner as follows:
- SGASTDN - Check if student active, correct campus listed
- SOAHOLD - Check if student has a hold
- SFARGRP - Check if student has a valid timeticket
NR: This error message relates to the term set up in Banner and as such should be referred to email@example.com for investigation and correction.
How can we check if a student is on active directory?
The process to create / update student accounts is a two step process, run three times a day Monday to Friday.
In the first step, Management Information Systems (MIS) run the process at - 5:10am, 12:00pm, and 6:00pm. The process takes about 1 hour to run, depending on network traffic.
In step two (which completes the process) ITSS run their process at 7:40am, 1:40pm and 7:40pm. This process takes about 45 minutes to complete, but again, it depends on network traffic.
A student will be added to Active Directory and should have a network login if they have a SGASTDN record, and the code is NOT any of the following: IS, WS, SS, XS, TS, GS, DS, CD, and TR.
What is Student Connect (Faculty Services)?
Faculty Services is a section of Student Connect where ACU staff can access data to provide advice to students on course matters, and utilise the features of Student Connect/Faculty Services to complete administrative functions.
How do I gain access to Student Connect?
Faculty staff request access to Student Connect by completing the Student Connect Access Request form.
Student Systems staff will create your account. The User ID and Password will be the same as your network User ID and Passwords.
Where does the data in Student Connect come from?
The information on Student Connect is drawn directly from Banner.
What information will I be able to access through Student Connect?
Staff will be able to access the following information online:
- Student"s personal and contact details
- Student records
- Unit Teaching Detail (access to this is restricted to the assigned LICs)
- Unit Teaching Summary (access to this is restricted to the assigned LICs)
- Summary Class lists (access to this list is restricted to assigned LICs (the Primary Instructor) or the Administration Officer responsible for entering results only).
- Final Grades (must be the primary instructor)
- Faculty reports
- Grade Authorisation Report.
What Faculty Reports are available?
Faculty Reports available are:
- Course Participants - is an excel list of active students by degree at a particular campus, with option of email and mailing address option.
- Student Schedule - html or excel list of all unit enrolments for active students by degree at a particular campus.
- Unit Enrolment Student List - excel list of students enrolled in a unit with email and mailing address option.
- ACU Class List - html or excel list of students enrolled in a particular unit, with addition information eg address, rate code.
- Prerequisite Report - html or excel list of students if they meet the prerequisite for a particular unit.
- Student GPA Report by Merit - obtain a report based on annual or cumulative data, year, campus, faculty, degree, major, student year and minimum GPA.