Australian Catholic University annual review 2008
Excellence in research
ACU has priority areas of research as defined by its Flagships, Research Centres and Institutes.
Research is promoted by the Institute for the Advancement of Research, whose members include ACU researchers and visiting scholars from Australian and international institutions.
- Flagship for Creative and Authentic Leadership
- Mathematics and Literacy Education Research Flagship
- Quality of Life and Social Justice Flagship
- ACT Centre for Science, ICT and Mathematics Education for Rural and Regional Australia (SiMERR ACT)
- Centre for Early Christian Studies
- Centre for Environmental Sustainability and Stewardship
- Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Centre of Physical Activity Across the Lifespan (CoPAAL)
- Centre for Research into Ethics and Decision-making in Organisations (CREDO)
- Golding Centre for Women’s History, Theology and Spirituality
- Plunkett Centre for Ethics in Health Care and Biomedical Research
- National Centre for Clinical Outcomes Research, Nursing and Midwifery, Australia (NaCCOR )
- Institute for the Advancement of Research
- Institute for Advancing Community Engagement
- Institute of Child Protection Studies
- Institute of Legal Studies
Australian Research Council (ARC) grants
Associate Professor Peter Howard and Professor Jude Butcher won an ARC– Linkage grant ($120,000 over three years) with partners Mission Australia and the St Vincent de Paul Society for a project entitled Social inclusion through community embedded, socially supported university education.
A number of other staff members won ARC grants and other awards.
Download the full section on research (PDF, 146kb)