Australian Catholic University annual review 2008
- An endorsement was made by the Queensland bishops and the Senate of Australian Catholic University to work towards the integration of St Paul’s Theological College with the University’s School of Theology in Queensland by January 2009
- A successful partnership was established with Catholic Health Australia to deliver the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Catholic Culture at multiple locations.
- Professor Linda Worrall-Carter was re-appointed for a second year as Professor of Nursing Research and Director of the Centre for Nursing Research at St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- A partnership was established between ACU and various Catholic Education Offices, which obtained funds from the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) for a pilot scheme in the Northern Territory and Western Australia for a project, Leading Aligned Numeracy Development (LAND), designed to improve numeracy achievement in disadvantaged communities.
New Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) were established with:
- the Brisbane College of Theology (BCT) for collaboration in research, to promote scholarship and research in theology and related fields and provide students from both institutions with full borrowing rights for books and access to electronic resources in both collections
- partners of the new Clemente Australia program at the Ballarat Campus: ACU, the University of Ballarat, the City of Ballarat, Ballarat City Library, Centacare and the Smith Family
- RSL LifeCare with Professor Tracey McDonald in the Chair of Ageing funded by RSL LifeCare (renewed in April 2008 for a further five-year period)
- St Vincent’s and Mater Health Sydney for the Plunkett Centre (renewed in December 2007 for a further five-year period)
Download full academic review (PDF, 86kb)