60 Seconds with Kellie Rudlin, Event Coordinator, Melbourne Campus
Kellie Rudlin, Event Coordinator, Melbourne Campus
How would I spend my ideal day?
Exploring wineries with my husband
In life I have learned...
To work hard to achieve what you want. No one else is going to do it for you.
Something that inspires me...
Watching people cross the finish line after running a 42km marathon.
What would surprise most people about my job?
I’m just new to the role so I’m still working that out myself but I’m looking forward to the surprises.
What has been the most significant development in my field since starting my career?
I would say definitely technology but also infrastructure. When I first started out Crown Casino was at its temporary site at the World Trade Centre, Jeff’s Shed (Melbourne Exhibition Centre) was under construction and we didn’t have a 6-star environmentally rated convention centre.
Having quality venues is important in attracting both international and domestic events to Melbourne.
If I could invite any five people to dinner, who would they be and why?
- My husband – because he’s a great cook so I’d need him there!
- Kylie Minogue – I’d like to hear about her career and how she’s managed to last in the music industry.
- Chrissie Swan – because she would make me laugh from the moment she walked in the door to the moment she walked out. You need someone around like that.
- Lance Armstrong – he’s an amazing athlete and his mental toughness is incredible; I’d like to tap into that.
- Heston Blumenthal – he is so creative, he does some amazing things with food. I’d like to be let in on a few of his secrets.
If you would like to be featured in Update's 60 Second's profile, contact Margie Dimech via email, firstname.lastname@example.org