Timesheets for casual professional staff now online
Published: Wednesday 4th May 2016
The use of online timesheets for Casual Professional Staff has been trialed by a number of ACU work units since November 2015. The trial has received positive feedback from users and has informed the finalisation of the online timesheets.
The online timesheets for Casual Professional Staff is now available to all organisational units. For those organisational units, Supervisors and Casual Professional Staff that have not commenced using the online Casual Professional Staff timesheets, the instructions for accessing the timesheet are below.
In order for Casual Professional Staff and Supervisors to use the online timesheets, a current employment arrangement must be in place in the form of a casual staff contract, offer and acceptance. With the online process Casual Professional Staff can enter hours of work online, have the hours approved by the relevant supervisor online, and upon approval automatically forwarded to Human Resources online for salary payment. At each step in the process a confirmation is received that work hours have been input, or, approval has been successful.
Phasing Out Period
The phasing out of paper-based timesheets for Casual Professional Staff will now commence. The phasing out period will end on Thursday 19 May 2016, being the cut-off day for the receipt of casual timesheets for pay day Wednesday 25 May 2016. If paper-based timesheets are received post 19 May 2016 they will be accepted and actioned until such time that Human Resources liaises with the relevant supervisor, answers questions on the online timesheet with the expectation that the online timesheet will be used for future transactions.
Casual Professional Staff and Supervisors not currently using the online timesheets are encouraged to do so from the next pay fortnight as the paper-based timesheets will be phased out and the timesheet templates on the intranet will be removed.
Accessing Online Timesheets
- Online timesheets are convenient – accessible anywhere, at any time, and quick to complete
- Casual Professional Staff can complete working hours online using this link to a user friendly interface
- Supervisors will receive an email to approve the timesheet
- Once approved by the Supervisor, the timesheet is automatically forwarded to Human Resources
Tips for Casual Professional Staff
- There are two timesheets – one for Casual Professional Staff and another for Casual Professional Staff who are also ACU Students – fill out the right one to be paid correctly;
- On entering your employee number – your “Employee Details” will auto-populate;
- Your approving supervisor’s email address must be entered in the “Employee Details” section as this triggers the workflow for your timesheet approval;
- Timesheets default to the current fortnight dates for completion however you can complete and submit for previous fortnights;
- There is a user guide available via the online timesheet system to assist you; and
- Payroll for casual timesheets cut-off is 5pm Thursday in the week prior to the pay day.
Online Casual Academic Staff Timesheets – coming soon
Human Resources is finalising the introduction of online timesheets for Casual Academic Staff. Once the online timesheet is ready for implementation, staff will be advised of the release and phasing out period for paper based timesheets. Casual Academic Staff must continue to use the paper-based casual timesheet until advised otherwise.
If you experience any issues using or submitting your online timesheet please contact HR Advisory on extension 4222 or via email: HR@acu.edu.au