September Research Update: Institute of Child Protection Studies
Published: Wednesday 23rd September 2015
ICPS aims to enhance the well-being of children, young people and families through quality research, evaluation, training and community education. ICPS is part of the Learning Sciences Institute Australia.
The Research Update aims to inform stakeholders about the progress of our current projects. The September 2015 update provides information on the following current research projects:
• Managing Ethical Studies on Sensitive Issues (MESSI): Involving children in social research
• Contact: Keeping contact between parents and children in care
• Developing an understanding of how children understand and experience safety in institutions
• Child Protection Practitioner Study
• ‘Growing our Spirit’: Improving the evidence base for community-developed assessments of kinship carers of Aboriginal children
• Evaluation of the Youth Hope Program
• Building Capacity in Family Support Service: Provision of evaluative support services to FaC service providers.