Research ethics workshop in Brisbane
Published: Wednesday 19th August 2015
A special workshop will be held at Brisbane Campus on Monday, 31 August that will cover the essentials for successfully navigating the ethics approval process at ACU.
The workshop will cover:
- the ACU online (ORION) ethics application form, guidelines and processes
- when to put in an application
- how long approval is likely to take
- how to manage complaints or problems
Ethical issues in research including:
- historical context and background
- respect for persons
- risk & benefit
- recruitment and consent
The relevant Australian guidelines and legislation impacting upon research ethics, including:
- research with children and vulnerable people
- research with Indigenous Australian people
- privacy and data storage
The workshop will be presented by Ms Susanna Gorman, Research Ethics Manager, and Ms Kylie Pashley, Senior Ethics Officer, with input from members of the Ethics Committee. There will be ample opportunity for discussion and questions.
Research Supervisors and Students are strongly encouraged to attend this workshop.
Course Name: Ethics Workshop Brisbane 2015
Course Code: ETHICSBRIS15
Registration Method: via Staff Connect
Workshop date and location
10am to 12pm, Monday 31 August, Brisbane, Room TB 19