New IT self-service portal
Published: Wednesday 14th December 2016
A new “one-stop-shop” IT self-service portal will soon make it much simpler for staff to submit and resolve IT requests.
As part of a broader and continuous effort to improve service management, IT is working to bring to you a self-service portal for all IT requests.
The self-service portal will provide a single access point for all IT service needs and will replace the existing online form currently used to submit IT service requests.
This follows the changes to ACU Service Desk processes implemented in August, which improved service accessibility and service management.
The IT self-service portal will enhance the service experience of staff when using the IT Service Desk and is part of IT’s commitment to achieving its Service Excellence goals. IT aims to launch the new portal early in 2017.
Key functionalities of the self-service portal will include:
- A clean, simple and intuitive interface to log service requests and incidents (reporting something broken/not working)
- The ability to appropriately streamline your enquiry:
o reporting an issue (if you require something to be fixed)
o specifying if a request is for access, hardware or software
- Gaining help and tips from searchable knowledge articles – this will assist you to resolve your issue faster and monitor its progress in real-time
- A chat function will allow you to get immediate online assistance in busy periods
- Through the new “feedback” option staff can voice their opinions on service request fulfilment
If you have any feedback or questions relating to the new IT self-service portal, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org