New and revised policies, procedures and guidelines
Published: Wednesday 26th October 2016
Updated HR documents
The University continues to review and update HR and related policies and procedures following the approval of the Australian Catholic University Staff Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 (the Agreement) that came into effect on 19 March 2014, and as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation.
The following revised HR policies and associated documents relating to a range of employment provisions were considered by the ACUSCC at the meeting held on 25 August 2016. Following consultation, the Vice-Chancellor has approved the following updated documents, effective from 18 October 2016:
- Workplace Grievance Policy and Procedure
This policy revision includes reference to the right of staff members to make Protected Disclosures and clarification of notification procedures when lodging a grievance.
- Workplace Bullying Policy and Procedure
This policy revision augments procedures and support available to staff who wish to make a bullying complaint.
- Misconduct and Serious Misconduct Policy
This policy revision includes reference to the right of staff members to make Protected Disclosures.
- Staff Assistance, Support and Representation Policy
This Policy has been amended to clarify expectations of behaviour of support persons and staff representatives.
- Participation of Staff in University Employment Related Committees Guidelines
These Guidelines have been updated to reflect arrangements for Probation Review Committees and Campus Work Health and Safety Committees. Some editorial changes have also been made.
- Professional Pursuits Accounts Policy
This Policy has been updated to be consistent with other University Policies.
The updated documents are available on the Policies & Procedures pages of the ACU website under HR and may be accessed via the links embedded above. You may need to refresh the individual policy page to ensure that the latest version of the policy is displayed.
Accordingly, the Vice-Chancellor has revoked the following previously implemented policies, with effect from 18 October 2016:
- Workplace Grievance Policy and Procedure (dated 20 December 2013)
- Workplace Bullying Policy and Procedure (dated 20 December 2013)
- Misconduct and Serious Misconduct Policy (dated 13 October 2014)
- Staff Assistance, Support and Representation Policy (dated 20 November 2015)
- Participation of Staff in University Employment Related Committees Guidelines (dated 17 June 2014)
- Professional Pursuits Accounts Policy (dated 56 June 2008)
Please contact the HR Advisory Service on extension 4222 or HR@acu.edu.au if you need assistance accessing the website.