Important superannuation changes
Published: Wednesday 7th June 2017
- employer contributions (including super guarantee) made by the University,
- any additional pre-tax member mandated contributions; and
- any voluntary contributions that you have elected to salary sacrifice.
- a reduction in the non-concessional (after-tax) limit from $180,000 to $100,000 per annum
- the introduction of a $1.6M pension transfer balance cap
- changes in the way transition to retirement pensions are taxed
- a reduction in the threshold for Division 293 tax from $300,000 to $250,000.
If you are a UniSuper member, you can check your concessional (pre-tax) contribution totals by accessing your UniSuper Member Online Account here. If you decide to make any changes to your superannuation contributions all the relevant forms are available from the Superannuation Policy page of the ACU Staff website.
In line with government regulations, ACU’s Superannuation Officer is only able to provide you with general advice regarding your superannuation contribution options. This does not take into account your individual circumstances, such as your financial situation and retirement goals.
If you would like more specific advice regarding your personal superannuation, UniSuper’s Member Services team can be contacted on 1800 331 685. Alternatively, UniSuper On-Campus Consultants are also available to provide onsite, face to face consultation services. You can make an appointment or find further information on the UniSuper website.