Emerge as a leader
Published: Wednesday 23rd November 2016
ACU is pleased to invite you to an information session to learn about the ACU Emerging Leaders and Managers Program (eLAMP). This program is designed for new and aspiring tertiary education managers to develop their skills, knowledge and capacities to lead and manage effectively in the rapidly changing tertiary education environment.
eLAMP is suitable for:
- Professional staff at HEW levels 6, 7, 8 or equivalent and those who are new to management and/or higher education
- Academic staff at levels B and C or equivalent and academics that are new to management and/or higher education
Attend an information session
Whilst ACU has been running internal eLAMP programs using the online modules for several years, this sponsored and guided program run by the LH Martin Institute is different. To find out more, staff are invited to attend an information session (1.5 hours) presented by Dr Heather Davis, Program Director Awards, LH Martin Institute. Dr Davis will provide an overview of the eLAMP and be available to answer questions. Consult the table below for session details and use the code ELAMP2016 to register for this video conference via Staff Connect.
Information sessions: One hour presentation; 30 minutes Q&A
Date and time
Tuesday 29 November 2016, 2pm – 3:30pm (AEDT), Dial in number 619 2298.
Melbourne: (250 Victoria Pde) Room: 7.03
Heather attending in North Sydney: (TWH): Level 15, Room 15.29
Brisbane: Room TC19
Strathfield: Room E2.45
Ballarat: Please dial in through polycom from your desktop
Canberra: Please dial in through polycom from your desktop
The eLAMP program is made up four online study modules, which are enhanced by a series of face-to-face workshops and a final work-based project. The workshops and project make up a bridging program which enables participants to enroll in an LH Martin Institute Graduate Certificate course.
| Module title || Topics |
Managing and Developing Yourself
Developing critical reflective practice, intra-personal intelligence, leading the self, developing your personal career plan.
Managing and Developing Others
Transitioning into a manager role, inter-personal intelligence, managing relationships in the workplace, developing others.
Managing and Developing the Business
Situating tertiary education management, thinking and working strategically, sustaining tertiary education institutions.
Understanding the Tertiary Education Landscape
The history and evolution of Australian TE education, policy processes and outcomes.
What you will learn:
- An understanding of the breadth and depth of the tertiary education landscape in the Australian, New Zealand and global contexts.
- An understanding of the complex internal and external drivers influencing the sector and how to respond appropriately to them.
- An insight into the different roles and styles leaders and managers need to adopt to be successful in their roles.
- A grasp of the nuances of policy and learn how it aligns with strategic intention and how it influences the development of organisational culture.
- Greater understanding of institutional challenges through case studies and online
The program will commence in February 2017 and consists of four online moderated study modules and face to face workshops (Melbourne and Sydney in 2017, Sydney and Brisbane in 2018). Staff must be prepared to complete the entire program of four modules and workshops, as per the prepared schedule between February and December 2017. Applicants must have the full support of their nominated supervisor to undertake the program. Please read the Emerging Leaders and Managers Program Brochure for more details.
For further information about the program, contact Clint Rahe, Leadership and Competencies Development Facilitator on (02) 9739 (ext. 2298) or via email at email@example.com