No Requests 15 to 21 November
Published: Tuesday 15th November 2016
ACU libraries will be open as usual from 15 to 21 November but you won’t be able to request items (place holds), renew loans online or use our self-check kiosks during this time.
Remember, if you use links to eResources in LEO and they look like this:
you will need to update them because they won’t work after November 22.
To fix them you will need to:
- search for the book or article in our new Library Search (it works best in Chrome)
- click on the title, then choose the Permalink option
- copy and paste the new permalink into your online unit.
And the same for any Library Search widgets you might have in your online units. They will also need to be updated for them to continue to work.
Email LibraryHelp@acu.edu.au or ask at your campus library if you want any help.
Remember also, this week there may be some issues with:
Availability of books
- You may find that Library Search says a book is available for loan but you can’t find it on the shelves. Just ask one of our super helpful Library staff to see if they can find it, or an alternative, for you.
Library Search and bookmarks
- If you have bookmarked our Library Search on your computer, it may no longer work. Instead go to the Library website and use the Library Search box from there.
Access to eResources
- When searching in individual databases the Findit button may not work.
- If this happens, copy and paste the title of the article or eBook into Library Search and see if you can find it that way. If you still can’t find it ask a Library staff member to help.
- Try using one of our full text databases, especially the big ones (Ebscohost, Proquest Central, Academic Onefile) - click on the Databases link on the Library website to find databases by title, format or subject.
Remember, if you have any problems at all accessing Library resources during this time Library staff are available to help you via: