Published: Thursday 19th January 2017
A number of employment related ACU policies and procedures have recently been updated.
Updated HR documents
The University continues to review and update HR and related policies and procedures following the approval of the Australian Catholic University Staff Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 (the Agreement) that came into effect on 19 March 2014, and as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation and consistency with other University policies.
The following revised HR policies and associated documents relating to a range of employment provisions were considered by the ACUSCC at the meeting held on 5 December 2016. Following consultation, the Vice-Chancellor has approved the following updated documents, effective from 19 December 2016:
- Staff Complaints Management Policy and Procedure
This Policy has been renamed (was Workplace Grievance Policy and Procedure) and updated to be consistent with the complaints process for students, including introduction of the new online form and resources for lodging complaints.
- Employee Assistance Program Policy
This Policy has been reviewed for currency and updated to align with the ACU Governance Policy on Policy Development
- .Determining Employee Contractor Status Policy
This Policy and related documents have been simplified and amended to provide greater clarity around employee/contractor determination and status for taxation purposes.
Further, HR has continued integrating the Capability Development Framework (CDF) and the Academic Performance Matrices and Evidence (APME) with people management processes.
The following HR policies and related documents have been revised to incorporate the CDF and the APME:
- Professional Development for Professional Staff Policy
- Cert IV Leadership and Management Program Policy
- Professional Learning for Academic Staff Policy
- Probation for Continuing Academic Staff Policy
- Probation for Fixed-Term Academic Staff Policy
- Probation for Professional Staff Policy
- Position Classification for Professional Staff Policy
- Research Appointment Guidelines
The updated documents are available on the Policies & Procedures pages of the ACU website under HR and may be accessed via the links above. You may need to refresh the individual policy page to ensure that the latest version of the policy is displayed.
Accordingly, the Vice-Chancellor has revoked the following previously implemented policies, with effect from 19 December 2016:
- Workplace Grievance Policy and Procedure (dated 18 October 2016)
- Employee Assistance Program Policy (June 2008)
- Professional Development for Professional Staff Policy (dated 6 March 2008)
- Cert IV Leadership and Management Program Policy (dated 9 December 2015)
- Professional Learning for Academic Staff Policy (dated 6 March 2008)
- Probation for Continuing Academic Staff Policy (dated 17 December 2012)
- Probation for Fixed-Term Academic Staff Policy (dated 17 December 2012)
- Probation for Professional Staff Policy (dated 17 December 2012)
- Position Classification for Professional Staff Policy (4 October 2011)
- Classification Standards for Professional and Academic Staff Policy (30 July 2008)
- Minimum Employment Period Policy (13 October 2014)
- Determining Employee/Contractor Status Policy (dated 7 April 2008)
Please contact the HR Advisory Service on extension 4222 or HR@acu.edu.au if you need assistance accessing the website.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1141505