New ACU Travel Policy
Published: Thursday 27th August 2015
A new ACU Travel Policy has been approved and will come into effect from 1 September. Key changes after considering all the feedback and input include clearer guidelines, rules and processes and updated cost limits for all staff.
Key changes include:
- Clearer guidelines, rules and processes.
- University’s acknowledgment of staff that needs to travel and book travel for University business and make use of all available travel resources and to utilise the best available airfare.
- Agreement with University and Campus Travel regarding preferred hotels to provide better choices and significant discount when booked via Campus Travel.
- A requirement that all travel booking will be made through Campus Travel.
- Update cost limits for accommodation for all staff, Executive Group and Senior Executive Group.
- Accommodation should be selected from ACU’s Preferred Hotels and Senior Executive Hotels listings.
- When other accommodation is booked it must be within the stated cost limits for each capital city and align with the University’s Reimbursement Policy.
- Clearer guidelines on personal travel and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT).
Further steps - after implementation of the new Travel Policy:
- Implementation of a new booking tool that makes business travel easy, efficient and compliant which should include booking, approval and expense management.
- Transparent communication on ACU Website, SharePoint as well as offering Workshops.
Finance Director Scott Jenkins thanked all staff their feedback and engagement through the process of reviewing this key policy.
"Furthermore I would like to point out that this policy is a 'living document' and will change continuously," he said.
Click here to see the new ACU Travel Policy.