Published: Monday 7th December 2015
Each year the University closes for a period around the holidays associated with Christmas and New Year. This closure is covered by a combination of public holidays and University Holidays which are listed below.
The following arrangements will apply to the annual Christmas/New Year closedown period 2015/2016:
Thursday 24 December – Christmas Eve ACU NSW campuses will be closed due to the transferred Bank Holiday. NSW campuses will remained closed over the Christmas/New Year period as per below. Christmas Eve on other campuses - The University closes at 3pm subject to workload requirements that may necessitate a later closure up to 5pm for some staff.
- Friday 25 December - Christmas Day Public holiday for all campuses
- Monday 28 December - Boxing Day holiday (transferred)/ Proclamation Day (SA) Public holiday for all campuses
- Tuesday 29 December University holiday for all campuses
- Wednesday 30 December University holiday for all campuses
- Thursday 31 December University holiday for all campuses
- Friday 1 January 2016 - New Years Day Public holiday for all campuses
- Monday 4 January 2016 – Return to work All ACU campuses reopen.
The calendars in Staff Connect have been programmed with these Public and University holidays so that leave applications can be processed correctly. Nominated supervisors are encouraged to discuss any additional recreational leave arrangements with staff and ensure that all staff reporting to them have submitted leave applications via Staff Connect prior to taking annual leave.