Published: Wednesday 10th May 2017
The Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) supports the Executive Dean and Faculty Executive by providing high level academic leadership to ensure excellence and quality of student centered learning experiences in Faculty programs.
The position operates in the context of University wide learning and teaching strategies to ensure excellence in learning and teaching within the Faculty and promoting activities within and beyond the University to advance the national and international standing of the Faculty.
It is expected that the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) will provide strong leadership in the Faculty planning process. In addition to planning and reporting Faculty learning and teaching priorities and targets
The position will develop and maintain partnerships which enhance the standing of the Faculty internal and external to the University both nationally and internationally. The Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) is a member of the Faculty Executive.
The successful applicant must also have vision and the capacity to strategically develop and promote the Faculty aligned with the University’s Mission and Strategic plans.
Subject to the direction of the Executive Dean, the responsibilities of the Associate Dean (Learning and Teaching) include:
- Provide a high level of academic leadership across the Faculty in learning and teaching, including developing and implementing innovative curriculum and programs and the application of information and communication technologies to facilitate student learning and extending the Faculty’s use of learning technologies.
- Demonstrate understanding of ‘practice based learning’ and provide leadership in achieving the strategic intent of the University and the Faculty by strategic planning and development of Faculty Learning and Teaching priorities in liaison with the Director Learning and Teaching Centre e.g. learning and teaching national competitive grants, international, postgraduate strategy, retention strategy.
- Foster engagement in scholarship of learning and teaching through a range of strategies such as professional development programs for staff, learning and teaching awards etc.
- Ensure Faculty programs contribute to the successful learning, development, professional accreditation and employment of students.
- Oversee and/or contribute quality assurance related to postgraduate and undergraduate courses as well as assessment and moderation for national consistency.
- Provide oversight of evaluation of units and leadership in supporting staff reflection on and use of benchmarking and evaluative data for course and teaching improvement.
- Chair the Faculty Learning and Teaching and other related committees, and participate as a member of the University Learning and Teaching Committee as well as other relevant committees and working parties.
- Submission of quality internal and external Learning and Teaching grants.
- Oversight of benchmarking performance with national and international partners.
- Maintain own scholarship of learning and teaching and /or research, research training and professional work in a relevant Faculty discipline or within the Faculty’s research priority areas.
Type of Appointment
The appointment will be as a full-time, continuing Professor (Level E) with a three (3) year assignment as Associate Dean, which is renewable based on performance. A salary allowance applies for the term of the assignment as Associate Dean.
This position can be located in North Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Please direct any enquiries about this position to Andrew Worner, Director, Worner Consulting, 0449 967 637.
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1228584