You already know that things are changing at the Library
Published: Monday 7th November 2016
Have you saved your MyLibrary favourites yet?
We will go live with our updated system on Tuesday 22 November but, in the week prior to that, from 15 to 22 November, there are some things you need to know about:
Availability of books
- You may find that Library Search says a book is available for loan but you can’t find it on the shelves. Just ask one of our super helpful Library staff to see if they can find it, or an alternative, for you.
- If you have bookmarked our Library Search on your computer, it may no longer work. Instead go to the Library website and use the Library Search box from there.
- When searching in individual databases, (eg. Proquest) the Findit button may not work.
- If this happens, copy and paste the title of the article or eBook into Library Search and see if you can find it that way. If you still can’t find it ask a Library staff member to help.
- Try using one of our full text databases, especially the big ones (Ebscohost, Proquest Central, Academic Onefile) - click on the Databases link on the Library website to find databases by title, format or subject.
- Remember the Findit button might not work so look for articles or eBooks that say full text is available.