Year of countless blessings
Published: Monday 21st December 2015
Christmas is the time when Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus and reflect on His teachings of love, peace and forgiveness. With His birth, we are challenged to forgive quickly, to love unconditionally, and to serve others above ourselves. It is a time to remember those in our communities who are less fortunate and to give generously where we can.
The holiday season is also a time to reflect on the goodness of life and to be thankful for the countless blessings that have been given to us. For Australian Catholic University (ACU) 2015 has been a year of countless blessings:
- We celebrated our 25th Anniversary and all that we have achieved as a University in this time (from our predecessor colleges to the present);
- We hosted the 25th General Assembly of the International Federation of Catholic Universities, further cementing our position as a global player in the Catholic university world;
- We opened our Rome Campus in conjunction with The Catholic University of America, giving staff and students the opportunity to live and learn at the “heart of the Church”;
- ACU’s purchase of the office tower at 33 Berry Street in North Sydney reflects the University's overall strategic plan for sustainable growth;
- We look forward to working with our incoming Pro-Chancellor, Mr Julien O’Connell AM when he commences in the role on 1 January 2015;
- We have continued to strive to reach our research goals and have seen great success in this area, particularly with our recently announced ERA results. We also have worked to promote excellence in teaching and learning, and celebrated many achievements by our staff and students in their academic disciplines.
As 2015 draws to an end and we prepare to embrace a new year there is no better time to express my sincere gratitude for all that you do for the University. ACU is a better place because of your dedication, hard work, and generosity.
From my family to yours, I wish you peace, joy and happiness this Christmas and for 2016.