Why Business, Why Now: Solving the World's Toughest Problems
Published: Monday 30th March 2015
Why Business, Why Now: Solving the World's Toughest Problems is a free seminar being held across a number of ACU locations. The seminars will form part of the University's 25th Anniversary celebrations and will take place from 22 April to 7 May.
The seminars will be led by Founder and Chair of Cascade Engineering Fred Keller.
About Fred Keller
Fred Keller is the current Executive-in-Residence at the Center for Positive Organizations in the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan; and has taught a course on "Entrepreneurship in the Emerging Sustainable Economy" at Cornell University's Johnson Graduate School of Management for over a dozen years. Fred has been called a Capitalist with a Conscience, and came to appreciate the benefits of sustainable business before it was popular. As a Trustee and past Chair of the W.K. Kellogg Foundation, and as the former Chair of the Manufacturing Council for the U.S. Department of Commerce, he brings a unique viewpoint on how business, the foundation world, and governments can and should work together.
This seminar covers Fred's successful innovative values-based leadership approach, revealing how sustainability drives innovation, how philanthropy enables effective policy change, and how Cascade aligns its profit-making with positively impacting the material, social and spiritual welfare of humanity. His achievement is truly triple bottom line – people, planet and profit!
This is a free event being held across a number of locations.
- Ballarat: Wednesday 22 April 2015 at the Sisters of Mercy Lecture Theatre, ACU, 1200 Mair Street, Ballarat
- Melbourne: Monday 27 April 2015 at Mercy Lecture Theatre, ACU, 115 Victoria Parade, Melbourne
- Canberra: Thursday 30 April 2015 at the ACT Legislative Assembly, 196 London Circuit, Canberra
- Sydney: Monday 4 May 2015 at Level 22, Tenison Woods House, 8-20 Napier Street, North Sydney
- Brisbane: Thursday 7 May 2015 at ACU Leadership Centre, Level 3, Cathedral House, 229 Elizabeth Street, Brisbane
All seminars will commence at 6pm. Drinks and canapes will be served on arrival.
Please register online by selecting your preferred date and location.