Triathlon training open to staff
Published: Tuesday 20th October 2015
The ACU Melbourne Tri Club is proud to launch our first ever triathlon course! This 6-week course takes you from a beginner to being able to completing a triathlon. It will consist of 3 sessions per week, finishing in either a sprint (750m swim, 20km ride, 5km run) or mini (300m swim, 10km ride, 2km run) triathlon.
The 6-week course starts 27th October, and runs through until the 1st week of December, ending with a triathlon mini or sprint distance race on Sunday 6th December.
As a course participant you will receive:
- 13 coached training sessions from ACU fitness trainers and experienced triathletes Luke & Aleisha
- access to a squad swimming session each week at Fitzroy pool
- transition practice in our specially designed BRICK sessions (from bike to run or from run to bike)
- advice and training in Swim / Bike / Run, including equipment, transitions, nutrition and recovery techniques
- free access to the ACU Melbourne Studio gym for 1 session per week with a strength-training program to follow
- race entry, support & refreshments (over $90 in value!)
- an ACU triathlon team tank top (and discounted racing kit rate)
If you have always wanted to try a triathlon this structured coaching program is for you! As long as you can swim at least 100m, ride a bike and run slowly for at least 10 minutes you will be a suitable candidate for the course.
Remember to use your ACU Student ID and password to login to Org Sync!