Tip of the Week
Published: Wednesday 19th August 2015
The Mental Health Awareness seminar aims to raise awareness on common mental health issues.
A large number of Australian adults will suffer from some form of common mental health problem. One in five women and one in eight men will experience depression in their lifetime. Therefore a friend, family member or work colleague may experience mental health difficulties at some stage in their life and will be in need of support. This presentation will equip participants with strategies and tips for providing support to those close to us.
- Understanding common mental health issues
- Practical ways to support significant others with depression and anxiety
- Depression/Anxiety/Mood Disorders
- Helpful versus unhelpful strategies
- Behavioural signs and indicators that a person is not coping
- Medical and psychological treatment options
Video conference detailsThis session will be conducted via video conference at all campuses on October 8 from midday to 1pm. There is no cost for attendance. Please be in your local campus video conference room five minutes prior to the starting time:
- Brisbane Campus – Room AC.22
- North Sydney Campus – VC Room Level 16, Tenison Woods House
- Strathfield Campus – VC Room E2.45
- Canberra Campus – Room 1.10
- Ballarat Campus – Room 503
- Melbourne Campus – Room 5.30
How do I register?
Staff Connect course description: WLB - Mental Health Awareness
Capabilities & Development, Human Resources - for registration enquiries please email: learninggs