Tip of the Week - Recreational Leave
Published: Wednesday 20th January 2016
- 20 working days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part-time employees);
- 3 University Holidays;
- Nine National Public Holidays per annum to be taken on the days they fall due or as gazetted by the relevant State/Territory Government;
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- New Year’s Day
- Australia Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- ANZAC Day
- Queen’s Birthday
- Labour Day,
- Local Public Holidays to be taken on the day gazetted by the relevant State or Territory Government; - Grand Final Friday (VIC)- Melbourne Cup (VIC)- Ballarat Cup or Ballarat Show Day (VIC) – whichever is first gazetted as a public holiday - Bank Holiday (NSW) – to be taken in conjunction with the annual Christmas closedown - Queensland Show Day (QLD)- Canberra Day (ACT) - Family and Community Day (ACT)- Adelaide Cup Day (SA)
Planning and Applying for Recreational Leave
- Annual Leave will be taken at a time or times that are mutually convenient to the University and the Staff member;
- Where eligible, a staff member may elect to cash out a portion of their Annual Leave using the Request for Cashing out Annual Leave form.
- Once you have discussed and agreed on your leave arrangements with your nominated supervisor, you should submit your application for annual leave through Staff Connect.
- ACU staff have access to a range of discounts on accommodation, flights and car hire for their personal travel.
In the first instance, speak to your nominated supervisor about your leave plan and any other leave arrangements in your work area. If you then require further advice, contact the HR Advisory Service on email@example.com or call extension 4222.