Published: Monday 2nd June 2014
UniSuper members are advised of the following changes that have been legislated effective 1 July 2014:
- Superannuation Guarantee (SG) to increase to 9.5% (from 9.25%)
- Concessional contributions cap (employer contributions including contributions made under a salary sacrifice arrangement):
- General contributions cap of $30,000 per annum.
- Aged 50 and over will be eligible for a higher cap of $35,000 per annum.
- Non-concessional contributions cap (personal after-tax contributions):
- $180,000 per annum or $540,000 (over three years, and under age 65)
Please note: Any contributions in excess of the cap will be subject to additional tax imposed by the Tax Office.
UniSuper members who are looking to review their superannuation strategy for the 2014/2015 financial year or would like to seek financial advice can book an appointment with a UniSuper Financial Adviser by contacting 1300 331 685 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. UniSuper also conducts various seminars and webinars for staff, which are advertised as they become available. For more information, or to register, visit the UniSuper website.