Sounding the Sacred
Published: Wednesday 13th August 2014
'Sounding the Sacred' is a stepping stone to the larger July 2015 Sacred in Literature and the Arts (SLA) international event 'Grounding the Sacred', which will coincide with the 25th Anniversary of Australian Catholic University.
"Sounding the Sacred"
Date September 13th
Place: Benedictine Monastery Arcadia, 121, Arcadia Road, Arcadia
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending 'Sounding the Sacred'.
- Music as Theology with international Irish recording artist and author Maeve Heaney (now on staff at ACU in Brisbane)
- Sacred Song Cycles with singer, songwriter and priest Kevin Bates
- Alan Wilson's Mass of Transfiguration sung by Sydney coloratura opera singer Joelene Griffith
- Gregorian Chant with Gregoriana Arcadia & The Gregorian Schola of Sydney
- Walking meditation in the Monastery Labyrinth
- Tanka Workshop with ACU's Anne Benjamin
- Readings from Sacred Poetry and experience the Monks in their midday chanting.
We hope that this event will provide participants with the inspiration to make an experiential link between spiritual practice and creative expression.