Short course in Jesus and the gospels
Published: Monday 23rd June 2014
An opportunity to explore the four Gospels and their understanding of Jesus:
- What are the Gospels?
- Why were they written?
- What is their theological message?
- How does each Gospel understand Jesus’ life, death and Resurrection?
- What are the similarities between the Gospels?
- What are the differences?
Step inside the world of early Christianity with experts from the School of Theology at ACU.
The topics covered each week are:
- Week 1: Gospel of Matthew (Dr. Michael Theophilos)
- Week 2: Gospel of Mark (Assoc. Prof. David Sim)
- Week 3: Gospel of Luke (Dr. Elizabeth Dowling RSM)
- Week 4: Gospel of John (Rev. Prof. Francis Moloney SDB).
The course runs over 4 Wednesday evenings:
- 30 July
- 6 August
- 13 August
- 20 August 2014
Each session runs 6.30pm-8pm, with refreshments provided from 6pm.
Venue: Australian Catholic University, 115 Victoria Pde, Fitzroy.
The Catholic Education Office Melbourne has approved this course for 6 hours, Categories A & C (1.5 hours each session), towards Accreditation to teach in a Catholic School (under CECV Policy 1.6).
While this course cannot count towards Accreditation to Teach Religious Education (CECV Policy 1.7), all Primary teachers and others teaching Religious Education could greatly benefit from this course for background understanding.
If you wish to have recognition of these hours, please register for the option that provides a Certificate ($80).
- $80/person (for those wanting a Certificate of Attendance for accreditation purposes)
- $40/person (no Certificate required).
This course does not involve assessment and is not for university credit. It is a general introduction to the Gospels and is open to the public.
For more information, please contact Dr. Joel Hodge