Respect.Now.Always. campaign at ACU
Published: Tuesday 11th October 2016
ACU, along with all other Australian universities, has been participating in the national Respect. Now. Always. campaign since February.
The campaign is aimed to:
- raise awareness of sexual assault and sexual harassment issues and lifting the profile of support services for students
- obtain prevalence data to guide further improvements in university policies and services
- assist universities to share best practice materials and resources across the sector
As part of this campaign, a national survey of randomly selected university students, including ACU students, has been conducted from 21 September until 21 October.
ACU does not tolerate sexual assault, harassment or disrespect. Your help in ensuring all ACU students enjoy their right to study in an environment free from discrimination and harassment is appreciated.
Please help us to promote awareness of this important campaign and completion of the survey to our students.
If students feel distress about the issues raised by this survey or the campaign, support is available by calling 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732). ACU counsellors are also available by making an appointment online at ACU Counselling Service.
Find out more at #RespectNowAlways.
Please note students are encouraged to report any incidents of sexual violence and harassment at university.
- Contact ACU Campus Security on 8888 on campus or 1300 729 452 off campus.
- Seek support from the ACU Counselling Service.
- Call the National Hotline for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault on 1800 737 732.