Reactivate your copyright links in LEO for semester 2
Published: Wednesday 22nd July 2015
Are you rolling over a LEO unit for semester 2 this year? Links to readings need to be reactivated in the Copyright Database when a LEO unit is rolled over for a new semester.
What is the copyright database?Australian Copyright Law requires the University to record the communication of copyrighted material via LEO, ACU Library manages this through the Copyright Database which has now moved to Equella-CAL.
What you can do:
Consider encouraging students to retrieve required reading material directly from the Library web page.• The library subscribes to over $3 million worth of electronic resources.
• Students can copy and paste article or book titles directly into ‘Library Search’ and retrieve them on or off-campus, sometimes from a choice of platforms.
If you prefer to provide the content directly via LEO:• There is no change to procedures for creating links to online Library eResources (eJournals or eBooks)
• Library staff will continue to scan copyrighted material for inclusion in the new copyright database (CAL)
• Library staff will continue to record bibliographic(meta) data in CAL
• Links can be created while editing or creating a LEO page
• If you are rolling over a LEO unit simply let your local campus library know the unit code and semester or email email@example.com
• The procedure for linking to copyright material (online readings) is very similar to linking to any content in Equella
How are links created?A range of help resources have been developed by LTC and the library.
• Access ‘LEO guides for staff’ from the ‘Resources’ block in LEO
• A Help guide is available from the Library web page
• Liaison Librarians