Position vacant: St Mary’s Cathedral Precinct
Published: Wednesday 9th March 2016
St Mary’s Cathedral Precinct
St Mary’s Cathedral is the spiritual home of Sydney’s Catholic community, and is the seat of the Archbishop of Sydney. Not only is St Mary’s Cathedral a great legacy from the past, it is a vital part of the present spiritual and cultural life of the city of Sydney and the nation. St Mary’s Cathedral Precinct (Precinct) is located in Sydney’s CBD and incorporates the Cathedral, Cathedral House, the Crypt, surrounding grounds and associated operations.
An opportunity for a suitably qualified Graduate is available in the St Mary’s Cathedral Precinct. The purpose of this position is to understand and master key functions of St Mary’s Cathedral Precinct and develop their own skill set and desires to move towards a future career path within the Precinct and broader Archdiocese. This will be through the exposure and on the job experience in the key operational areas and roles of the Precinct.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated personal commitment to the ethos and values of the Catholic Church, and a demonstration of the place that the Catholic Church takes in their life.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Theology, Business Management, Hospitality or other relevant areas of endeavour. The successful candidate will either just have completed or be nearing completion of their course.
- Proven customer service success in a professional environment
- Excellent organisational skills, with a focus on results and attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively without close supervision and to be accountable for performance
- Current Working With Children Check clearance in NSW
- Display a warm, friendly and respectful persona appropriate to the environment
- Ability to act with discretion and to maintain complete confidentiality
- Professional, proactive manner, approach and presentation
- Ability to prioritise workload according to requirements and maintain an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
All applications, (including Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, statement as to how the responsibilities of the role would be met), should be addressed in confidence to:
or to: email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 18 March 2016