New online Travel Booking System for ACU
Published: Wednesday 19th October 2016
ACU is replacing e3 Travel Booking system with a more user-friendly, smarter and efficient tool - the Serko Travel Booking System. Finance has worked closely with IT and HR as well as with Campus Travel and Serko to ensure that the system’s design meets the specific requirements of ACU travellers and travel bookers.
The Serko Online Travel Booking System will be available to ACU staff from 31 October 2016.
It will be delivered in two phases:
Phase 1 Domestic travel – third quarter 2016.
Phase 2 International travel – 2017.
What does it do?
The new system provides a number of key improvements including:
- Single sign-on access – once you are signed-in to your desktop computer, you can access Serko without having to sign in again.
- Improved workflow approval – a three-tiered approval workflow which is set according to each staff member's position, responsibility and business needs.
- Standard – supervisor is notified by email and can then approve the booking.
- Exceptions 1 – supervisor requires email notification of when a booking but does not need to give prior approval.
- Exceptions 2 – the supervisor’s prior approval is not required and no email notification is sent.
- Ability to group staff according to your unit’s business requirements.
- Traveller (Frequent traveller) – authorised to book their own travel but unable to book travel for others.
- Non-Traveller (Non-Frequent traveller) – not authorised to book their own travel. Requires assistance from a Travel Booker.
- Travel Booker - assists Travellers and Non- Travellers to book their travel.
- Automated daily feed of new staff details and staff travel profiles directly to Serko.
- Easy access and ability to update profiles - Travellers and Travel Bookers can make changes to their profiles directly within Serko.
- Campus Travel will conduct user training sessions from October 2016 to January 2017. Please click here to register for a training session.
- Shutdown of e3 online booking tool on Friday, 28 October 2016. Please contact Campus Travel via firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to make any bookings on this day.
- The Serko Online Booking system will go live on Monday, 31 October 2016.
For further information, please contact Keng Ong, Kamini Nagodavithane or Scott Jenkins.
Director of Finance