New and revised HR policies and procedures
Published: Wednesday 7th January 2015
The University continues to review and update HR and related policies and procedures following the approval of the Australian Catholic University Staff Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017 (the Agreement) that came into effect on 19 March 2014, and as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation.
The following revised HR policies relating to a range of employment provisions were considered by the ACUSCC at the meeting held on 27 November 2014.
Following consultation, the Acting Vice-Chancellor has approved the following updated documents, effective from 18 December 2014:
- This Policy has been updated to incorporate the provisions of the Australian Catholic University Staff Enterprise Agreement 2013-2017.
- This is a new policy, and provides information about the conditions of employment that relate to the conversion of sessional staff and procedures for conversion of sessional staff.
- This Policy has been updated to be consistent with the Academic Workload Policy and Paid Outside Work Policy.
- This Policy has been amended to clarify arrangements for fractional and part-time staff.
Accordingly, the Acting Vice-Chancellor has revoked the following previously implemented policies:
- Employment of Sessional Academic Staff Policy (dated 4 October 2011)
- Paid Outside Work Policy (13 October 2014)
- Interim Paid Inside Work Policy
- Protection of Whistleblowers – Victoria Policy (Whistleblowers Protection Act 2001 (Victoria) [Due to legislative changes]