Introduction to Learning & Teaching - Academics new to ACU
Published: Monday 12th December 2016
The introduction to Learning and Teaching workshops are offered once each semester on all domestic campuses. The workshops are complemented by a LEO Unit site containing resources and identifying opportunities for further professional development to support teachers.
This participant-focused workshop introduces academics new to ACU, to learning and teaching at our University. We aim to engage you with the uniqueness of ACU and its position as a provider of quality education and supporter of the Catholic ethos. You will experience stimulating, creative ideas, and use tools and resources which will allow you to settle in quickly and perform your role to the best of your ability.
The sessions will be facilitated face-to-face using available technology on each campus by Learning and Teaching Centre (LTC) academic staff. This interactive, information session will include discussions, group work and online activities and staff will have access to an ILAT LEO unit site containing shared resources from other teaching colleagues. Your participation will be recorded on Staff Connect on completion of the workshops.
During early 2017 a new self-directed, self-assessing offering will be piloted. It has been developed in response to feedback and in consultation with academics across ACU. More details about the availability of this professional development will be posted on the Learning and Teaching Website in early 2017.
It is anticipated staff will further pursue their professional development in the scholarship of learning and teaching.
Facilitators Marie (Bernie) Fisher and Penny Wheeler. Registrations via Staff Connect:
Course Type Code: INTRO2LT
Course Type Description: Intro to Learning and Teaching
If you have any problems with registrations please email: email@example.com
- Ballarat BG18 Wednesday 22 February 2017 11am to 2pm
- Brisbane YA.02 Monday 20 February 2017 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Canberra B.23 Tuesday 28 February 2017 5pm to 8pm
- Melbourne M4.40, 115 Vic Pde Thursday 23 February 2017 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Melbourne M4.40, 115 Vic Pde Friday 24 February /2017 9:30am to 12:30pm
- North Sydney CH4.03, 8 Berry St (Allied Hlth bld) Friday 17 February 2017 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Strathfield Comp 2, M Block Thursday 16 February 2017 9:30am to 12:30pm