Institute of Child Protection Studies quarterly Research Update
Published: Wednesday 30th March 2016
The March ICPS Quarterly Research Update provides an overview of the research projects currently being carried out by the Institute of Child Protection Studies (ICPS), ACU. ICPS aims to enhance the well-being of children, young people and families through quality research, evaluation, training and community education.
Current ICPS projects include:
- Managing Ethical Studies on Sensitive Issues (MESSI): Involving children in social research;
- kContact: Keeping contact between parents and children in care;
- Developing an understanding of how children understand and experiences safety in institutions
- Safe and Sound: The safety of young people in residential care;
- Child Protection Practitioner Care;
- 'Growing our Spirit': Improving the evidence base for community-developed assessments of kinship carers of Aboriginal children;
- Evaluation of the Youth Hope Program; and,
- Building Capacity in Family Support Services: Provision of evaluative support services to FaC service providers.