Get fit for summer
Published: Tuesday 7th June 2016
The Centre for Exercise and Nutrition at ACU (St. Patrick’s Campus, Melbourne) is seeking healthy participants, between the ages of 18-35, with little or no previous involvement in exercise for research into the effect of protein supplementation on muscle growth responses when combined with a training program consisting of resistance and endurance exercise activity.
This innovative project involves exercise training and nutrition guidance from a qualified dietician for 12 weeks. There are numerous benefits for participating in this study including the assessment of your body composition, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness, and nutritional counselling.
This study also involves three muscle biopsy samples from the outer thigh. Participants will be financially reimbursed for their time.
Who Can Participate?
- Healthy, non-smoker, non-vegan, men
- Ages 18-35
- Body Mass Index (BMI) of 18.5-29
- Recreationally active (1-3 sessions per week) or no previous involvement in structured exercise
- 12-wks of supervised exercise training (3-6x per week) and high protein diet (2g/kg/day)
- 3 outer thigh muscle biopsy samples
Benefits to participation
- Assessment of body composition, muscle strength, and cardiovascular fitness
- Nutritional counseling from a qualified dietitian.
- Financial reimbursement for your time
- The Centre for Exercise and Nutrition at ACU (St. Patrick’s Campus, Fitzroy) Melbourne
Mr. Bobby Shamim
Centre for Exercise and Nutrition
Ph: 0432 703 424