Published: Wednesday 11th January 2017
ACU has partnered with TechnologyOne to implement a new Finance System, called TechnologyOne - Financials. The system will be progressively rolled out across ACU during Q1-Q2, 2017 with the first users to be the Finance Directorate commencing week beginning 3 January, 2017.
The significant change which will impact budget owners, is the change to the chart of accounts. This means that all project codes / cost centres and account codes have been changed. The conversion table from old codes to the new TechnologyOne codes can be found here.
The schedule is as below:
- System go-live for Finance Directorate’s Officers
16 January onwards
- End-User Training
Please register via staff connect reference codes: NEWFINPROCUR
February and March 2017
- System go-live for End-Users, purchase orders and reporting
- End-Users training
Associated systems impacted by the change to the University’s Finance System:
ACUSIS (properties project tracking system) – system has been updated with the new TechnologyOne account codes. Further interim enhancements are scheduled to be completed by mid-February to automate invoice processing between the two systems. The intent is to move the project management function to TechnologyOne by mid-year.
Purchase Cards (Flexipurchase) - system is being upgraded to align with the requirements of the new finance system during January 2017. As a result, the system will be unavailable during this time for the following processes:
- Coding of transactions and attaching invoices/receipts
- Approval of transactions by managers
Please note that there will be no interruptions to the usage of purchase cards by card holders. Purchase cards will continue to operate as normal. It is planned that the Purchase Card system will become available on the 30 January 2017. Changes to the system and training will be advised later in January.
SERKO (online domestic travel booking system) – new TechnologyOne account codes to be populated by 31 January 2017. During January 2017, the old project codes should be used and a conversion of these codes will occur when expenditure is uploaded into TechnologyOne – Financials.
HR systems (updated during January):
PAYGLOBAL (payroll system) – project codes / cost centres and account codes updated to the new TechnologyOne codes
PAGEUP (recruitment system) – recruitment forms updated to reflect project codes / cost centres and account codes
Sessional Employment – request template updated to reflect project codes / cost centres and account codes
Casual Employment - request template updated to reflect project codes / cost centres and account codes
Electronic Timesheet - updated to reflect project codes / cost centres and account codes
HR Forms – relevant paper based forms will be updated to reflect updated project codes / cost centres and account codes
Reporting centre and data warehouse (financial reports) – data conversion and mapping of new tables to occur during January and February 2017.
The new Finance System is to be an enterprise platform for all financial related business process. This will provide convenience to the organisation in term of managing financial activities and information.
During 2017, the following will be rolled out to users:
- Replace current manual Purchase Order by an electronic Purchase Order with workflow approvals
- Enable authorised users to request and approve journals
- Enable authorised users to login to the finance system and make account enquiries
- Replace current manual financial commitments reporting with automated financial commitment reporting process
- Run standard reports
- Streamline processes
If you have any training requests or system enquiries, please contact:
- Scott Jenkins, Director of Finance (email@example.com)
- Mitch Srbinovski, Associate Director of Financial Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Paul Zappia, Associate Director, Financial Corporate Services (email@example.com)
- Kamini Nagodavithane, Finance Systems Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Keng Ong, Project Manager (email@example.com)
Page last updated: 2017-06-28
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1139631