Download MathWorks for your personal computer
Published: Wednesday 30th March 2016
This guide describes how to install and activate a Total Academic Headcount (TAH) Campus license on a university campus. The TAH Campus license allows campus-wide access on university-owned computers to all faculty, staff and students.
Faculty and staff are also able to install MathWorks software on their personally-owned computers and purchase additional products for their own use. TAH Campus licenses support two configurations, individual use and on-campus computing facilities.
This guide includes detailed instructions end users.
Deployment for Individual Use (Recommended)
End Users: Download the Installer
- 1. Create a MathWorks Account using your university email address: mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do. While creating your account, please choose the option “Teaching or research in school”.
- Go to the License Center: mathworks.com/licensecenter.
- Click Add License in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose Associate by Activation Key and click Continue.
- When prompted to do so, enter the Activation Key at the end of this instruction.
- Go to: mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release.
- Click the download button for the current release.
- Click the installer button to download the installer.
End Users: Install and Activate
- Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location. The name of the installer file is:
* Windows: matlab_<release>_win64.exe
* Mac OS X: matlab_<release>_maci64.zip
Where <release> represents the release number.
- Start the installer:
- Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab_<release>_maci64, where <release> represents the release number. Inside this folder, double-click InstallForMacOSX to start the installer.
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the license you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
Staff license Activation key :