Published: Thursday 16th November 2017
To help staff balance the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (GCHE) and busy working lives, LTC is opening the GCHE LEO sites for Semester 1, 2018 on 27 November. To take advantage of this opportunity simply apply for admission and enrol ASAP.
The GCHE is a worthwhile and valuable course designed to help you in your academic role at ACU. The course consists of four units of study, completed over four semesters. It is entirely online, and is work-integrated to offer you the greatest flexibility and efficiency for your study. It aims to model and illustrate good practice, and to ensure your learning experience is transparently relevant and strategically beneficial.
Study of the GCHE is undertaken concurrently with your teaching as a deliberate strategy to maximise the linkage between what you are learning and its direct application to your work. To assist with the personal timetabling challenges this presents, LTC is opening the LEO sites of units for next semester from the start of the Summer Term.
What this means is that you could have the entire summer period before the start of the next semester to work at your own pace through the readings and other unit resources. To further support your learning, GCHE teaching staff will be conducting teleconferences and responding on the LEO forums.
A complimentary innovation is that for the assessments, we now specify a due date range. This means you can fast-track your progress through the units and better schedule your study in your own way to fit around your working commitments.
This arrangement applies for all units running next semester and will be repeated with a “Winter Warm-up” for units commencing Semester 2 – LEO sites for those units will be opened from the start of the Winter Recess.
To take full advantage of this opportunity, please apply for admission and enrol in the course ASAP.
The benefits of studying the GCHE at ACU include:
- The GCHE fosters an understanding and appreciation of Higher Education in the Catholic intellectual tradition and within the principles of Catholic social thought;
- The GCHE addresses values consistent with ACU’s mission;
- Teaching and learning in the GCHE aligns with the ACU Teaching Criteria and Standards Framework andis consistent with the UK Higher Education Academy’s Performance Standards Framework;
- The GCHE national and online course offers opportunities for supported networking and collaboration with colleagues regardless of location;
- Developing skills and knowledge to match technology with learning goals;
- Enhancing capabilities in learning and teaching in higher education;
- Working with colleagues and mentors in units that provide best practice in curriculum and assessment design and evaluation;
- Tuition fees will be waived for eligible ACU academic staff members.
APPLY NOW for admission in Semester 1 / 2018. Please visit the GCHE web page and apply through the ACU direct online application process for domestic fee-paying students. Your application will be referred for approval of admission, and verification of employment details for the ACU academic staff fee waiver.
Enrol in this online, part-time course and build your capacity as a tertiary educator.
Academic and administrative enquiries about the GCHE may be directed to the dedicated course email address: GCHE.LTC@acu.edu.au
Page last updated: 2017-11-16
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/1345913