Orientation details for staff
Published: Monday 18th January 2016
A good experience at Orientation is a key element in a student’s transition to university and successful engagement in university life.
Student feedback shows students highly value being able to meet and interact with academic and other university staff during Orientation. It is one of the major things they seek to do.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students, Learning and Teaching) Professor Anne Cummins extends a warm invitation to staff to join in Orientation during session morning breaks and lunchtimes. This is the time students will be enjoying mingling, social and sport activities, entertainment – particularly on the days when the largest numbers of students attend, and, of course, food.
You will be welcome to join colleagues at Orientation information booths, or just chat to students or participate in the activities. T-shirts will be available at the Discover U booths – these will help students identify you.
You can find out the details about Orientation on each campus click on the links below:
- Ballarat: Monday 22 to Thursday 25 February
- Brisbane: Thursday 18 to Friday 26 February
- Canberra: Tuesday 23 to Thursday 25 February
- Melbourne: Monday 22 to Friday 26 February
- North Sydney: Monday 22 to Friday 26 February
- Strathfield: Monday 22 to Friday 26 February