Applications now open for ACU Scholarships and Bursaries 2015-16
Published: Monday 21st September 2015
Spread the word about the more than 100 scholarship and bursary opportunities that are worth up to $6,000 per student annually.
Faculty and student-facing staff are in the perfect position to raise awareness and educate students about the financial assistance and recognition scholarships and bursaries provide.
Scholarships are diverse and accessible to everyone across all campuses, years and fields of study. Finding opportunities and applying is easy – browse your options and apply all online.
Categories include Academic Achievement, Financial Need, Community engagement, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Professional Experience Placement, Rural or Regional Background, Socio-economic Barriers, and Travel.
Jessie Dixon, Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine, was the grateful recipient of the George Alexander Foundation Scholarship.
“I was excited and honoured to be awarded a scholarship. It’s reassuring to know I can now afford all the necessary resources needed to do my best at university,” Jessie said.
How staff can help:
- find specific opportunities relevant to your students and use the filters to narrow your search; www.acu.edu.au/scholarshipfinder
- send direct emails to students
- during lectures verbally raise awareness and encourage students to apply
- ask your tutorial leaders to highlight scholarships and bursaries
- print and display the relevant campus flyer near your office/classroom
- identify eligible students and personally encourage them to apply for a specific scholarship/bursary.
For further information about scholarships visit www.acu.edu.au/scholarships
To request information sheets, slides and brochures to assist with promotion to staff and students please contact Sarah Thyssen at firstname.lastname@example.org