ACU is recruiting first aiders
Published: Wednesday 27th July 2016
Staff members are invited to nominate for First Aid Officer (FAO) positions which are available on each campus. Australian Catholic University (ACU) provides coverage on each campus to ensure that timely first aid treatment is provided to injured staff members, students and visitors.
What does the role of a FAO involve?
- Being ‘on call’ during business hours to perform the duties of a FAO to support staff members, students and visitors.
- Responding to requests from Security Officers or the person that requires assistance.
- Attending a two day training course and an annual CPR refresher course (three hours in duration) to gain and maintain the necessary competencies to perform this role.
- Helping ACU to maintain safe working and learning spaces.
- Supporting people who obtain first aid assistance to log a report of the incident on riskware (using their network user ID and password).
Every approved and qualified FAO is entitled to receive the First Aid Allowance.
For more information please contact the Workplace Health and Safety team on ext 4222 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your Expression of Interest (EIO)
To express your interest in becoming a FAO, please complete the Expression of Interest (EOI) form and gain the endorsement of your nominated supervisor. If you have a current certificate in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (as a minimum) please attach a copy to your EOI.
Once your EOI has been endorsed, submit your EOI to the relevant staff member below and send a copy to your local Facilities Manager.
Canberra, Brisbane Campuses: Sonya Watson (email@example.com)
Adelaide, Ballarat, Melbourne Campuses: Marie Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
North Sydney, Strathfield Campuses: Tim Bruce (email@example.com)