Academic Promotions Reminder
Published: Tuesday 10th June 2014
Staff members who are intending to apply for Academic Promotions in 2014 should take note of the following information about deadlines, where to send the application, important changes and preparing for the application for promotion process.
- Lecturer (Level B) and Senior Lecturer (Level C) - Applications close on Thursday 31 July 2014
- Associate Professor (Level D) and Professor (Level E) - Applications close on Monday 30 June 2014
Applying for academic promotion requires significant planning and preparation. Here are some tips to consider in preparing for the promotion process:
- Please ensure you have downloaded the current 2014 version of the policies, forms and guidelines. Applications that use previous versions of forms cannot be accepted.
- Discuss plans to apply for academic promotion with a senior academic staff member. These discussions would normally occur with your supervisor.
- Carefully read the guidelines and start preparing your application and evidence portfolio early to give yourself the best chance of success.
- Consider attending Preparing for Academic Promotions Workshops being conducted. For more information go to the Academic Promotions page on the HR website.
- If you require further information or clarification, speak with your supervisor or contact the Human Resources Advisory Service.
Where to send promotion applications
All applications must be sent to the email address ACUAcademic.Promotions@acu.edu.au no later than the closing date.
Level D and E applicants are also required to provide three hard copies of each of their key works for assessment, which are sent to the Executive Officer, Academic Promotions Committee, Secretariat, North Sydney.