Hiding and restricting access
LEO provides a few methods for restricting student access to units, sections, activities and resources.
Restricting access to units is described in the Unit settings page of the LEO Guides. By default, a unit will become visible and available to students one week before the start of the semester.
Hiding and restricting access to sections is described in the Sections page of the LEO Guides.
Hiding activities and resources
- Turn editing on.
- Click the 'Edit' dropdown next the resource or activity and select 'Hide'.
Restricting access to activities and resources
- Select 'Edit settings' for the activity or resource.
- Click the 'Add restriction...' button within the 'Restrict access' section of the settings page.
- Restrictions can be placed on activities by: date; having completed another activity; grade; group (including campus); grouping; user; a combination of the previous; and other more complicated scenarios.
Which options are available depends on the unit settings (such as, whether there are any groups and whether completion tracking is turned on).
- By default, restricted activities and resources are greyed-out from students and the reason they are unable to access the item is displayed.
If it is preferable to hide a restricted item completely from a student, click the 'eye' icon next to the restriction.
- Click 'Save' on the settings page to save any changes.