How to get help with LEO
- See the full list of LEO help available from this link.
- Moodle's online documentation for technical information and some pedagogical advice on managing your units.
- LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support.
- IT Service Desk for help with Lecture Capture (Echo 360) and desktop software (such as Excel or Photoshop).
- Faculties-based help and support.
- eLearning 101 web page for regular interactive webinars on a range of technology enhanced learning topics. The recordings of previous webinars can also be accessed from this link.
- LEO professional development workshops for information on a series of face-to-face workshops before the start of semester one.
- Feedback form or email eLearning.LTC@acu.edu.au directly to request a workshop for five or more participants.
- Learning and Teaching website or the Learning and Teaching Contacts page for learning and teaching help that is not directly technology related (such as assessment, curriculum, evaluation or awards).
There are occasions in which you might want to make an activity or resource in your LEO unit available only to a particular student or group of students. For this you are able to use the Group function. You are able to make an activity or resource available only to the assigned members of a group.
Note: These instructions assume that you have already created your group(s) and have added your users as appropriate.
- To learn how to create a group, please read our LEO Guide: 'How to create a group in LEO'
- To learn how to add students to your group, please read our LEO Guide: 'How to add members to a group'
To restrict access to an activity or resource to members of a group you need to:
- Click 'Turn editing on'.
- Add the activity or resource to your LEO unit by clicking on 'Add an activity or resource'. You will be able to restrict access to your activity or resource from the settings page. Alternatively you can click on the 'Edit' icon to the right of the title of your activity or resourve, and click on 'Edit settings'.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page of the page and locate the 'Restrict access' heading. Click on the heading to expand the section.
- Click on 'Add restriction'.
- You are able to restrict access to your activity based on a number of parameters including Date, Grade, Group, User profile and restriction set. Click on 'Group'.
- You will be presented with two new dropdown options. From the first drop down select if the student 'must' or 'must not match the following criteria. From th second dropdow select the group you want to apply the access restriction to. Note: there is a blue eye icon to the right of the 'Group' dropdown options. If the eye icon is blue this means that if a user does not meet the criteria you have selected they will still be able to see the activity/resource, but it will be greyed out and inaccesible. If you click on the eye icon and it is grey, this means that the activity/resource will be invisible to your students unless they meet the criteria.
- Click 'Save and return to unit' when you are done.
You are able to filter the results in your gradebook via groups. This will allow you to view the grades of one group of students at a time. This is particularly useful if you are managing a unit with a large number of students. To do this you need to have groups enabled at the unit level.
- To learn how to enable groups at the unit level, please read the LEO Guide 'How to enable groups at the unit level'.
Page last updated: 2017-06-27
Short url: http://www.acu.edu.au/995035